Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Life's a Happy Song!

I am always surprised when I learn something deep from a movie intended for kids. I am a big fan of The Muppets and have recently watched the movie and have been listening to the soundtrack. One of the songs is called “Life’s a Happy Song”. While I don’t fully agree with life being completely perfect, a few of the lines jumped out at me:

“I’ve Got Everything that I need, right in front of me.

Nothing’s stopping me, nothing that I can’t be with you right here next to me.”

One of the things that I have been worrying about recently is my future. I graduate in less than a month and the number one question I am being asked is, “What are you going to do when you graduate?” and to be quite honest.I have no idea. I feel myself becoming less content with where I am at and what I am supposed to be doing the more people ask me that question. Instead of focusing on the fact that I’m about to accomplish something I thought would never come, I am freaking out that I don’t know what my next step is going to be. I am immersed in confusion and tumultuous feelings.

As I listened to that song and after spending a wonderful evening with one of my favorite families in the world, I began to realize something: I have everything that I need (food, water, friends, family, support, love, people who care about me) and knowing that made the stress of the rest of my life release its grip on me.

God makes a promise in Jeremiah 29:11 that He has a plan for me. He is going to prosper me, not harm me. He wants to give me a hope and a future. What an incredible promise. While my future is still unclear, I know that He will provide. And I want nothing more than to fully rely on Him.

I just need to continually remind myself that when I try to take control of things, it rarely works out. My God is greater and stronger and more reliable than I am. He guides me every step and I want to follow Him wherever he tells me to go. My heart is open and ready for wherever he takes me. And I’m not going to stress out about it.
So if you ask me what I’m going to do after I graduate, I’m going to tell you to ask God.
J.

No comments:

Post a Comment