Thursday, April 12, 2012

High respect

Hi. My name is Claire and I am terrible at keeping things clean. I go through spurts where everything has a place and nothing is out of order, but this semester things have been out of control.

I don’t make cleaning a priority and that’s not fair to my amazing roommate, Tammy. Tammy has always been patient with me, but I was thinking about her today and realized that I want to be the kind of person who honors her friends. When I looked up the word honor this particular definition jumped out at me - high respect. Then I looked up respect to see what I would find and I came across the definition to show regard or consideration to.

I realized that when Tammy wakes up and sees that the house is a disaster, she certainly doesn’t feel like I am considering her and the way she might like to see. I realized that I have been selfish and underserving of her understanding of my odd lifestyle (traveling, school, etc.)

So Tammy I want to honor you. I want you to know that I do care and consider your feelings. So from now on, I am going to do my absolute best to make you feel at peace in your home. I can’t promise perfection, but I can promise that I will do my very best to keep things orderly. Jesus told us to treat others as we would want to be treated. I certainly want my friends to show regard/consideration to me.

Love you, Tammy
:

Claire

No comments:

Post a Comment