Sunday, July 8, 2012

Step by Step


This last week marked my first with an accountability partner and it was pretty great. I’m not going to say I made perfect decisions all week long, but I made good decisions a lot of the time. I think the key to this whole journey is continually telling myself that this is a slow process. Nothing will happen overnight. It is going to take a while to kick some of the bad habits and attach to the good habits, but the changes will definitely stick.
            I’m glad Aby is working with me in this. She has proven in the short time we’ve done this to be really helpful, motivational, and encouraging.
            One of the things I have learned this week is that I need to learn to manage time better. So one of my projects for this week is to start planning the times I am going to work out, when I’m going to have meals (if I can help it), and if I say I’m going to do something, I want to put it into a calendar. I did not reach a few of my goals this week, but most of that had to do with time management and lack of energy in some cases. So that was a good thing to learn as the week went on.
            I can do this. I can do this. I can do this. I have to keep telling myself that. The more I say it, the more I believe it. J. Step by step I am going to feel healthier, stronger, and much more energetic!

1 comment: