Sunday, October 10, 2010

Say, Say

Say, Say
by Kristian Stanfill
Passion: Awakening CD

October 8, 2010

Say Say

Some Hope in what their eyes can see.
We hope in the glorious Unseen.
In a risen and returning King

Some are chasing the treasures of this world.
We run to a glorious reward:
The only name worth living for.

Say Say: Say you believe it.
Sing for the whole world to hear it.
We know and we declare it, Jesus is King.
Say, Say: Say you believe it.
Sing Loud, Sing like you mean it.
We know and we declare it, Jesus is King
Say, Say

We set our hearts on will last
Your word, your love, your faithfulness
Our hope is built on nothing less.

We open wide our mouths to praise
Let this generation raise
A song of freedom all our days

Say I believe (I believe)
Your Kingdom Come (Your Kingdom Come)
The Son of God (Son of God)
The King of Love

As I listen to this song it makes me want to jump up and down for God. It has such a powerful message in it and it brings back a level of excitement and passion for God I feel I have slowly lost over the years. It reminds me of a story Mike Yaconelli told about his grandsom seeing snow for the first time. His grandson wasn’t quite sure what to make of it, but allowed himself to enjoy it with no inhibitions. He fell backwards into the snow without a second thought. His eyes were filled with awe and wonder. How often do our eyes fill with awe and wonder when we think about God? For me it used to happen on a more regular basis, but as the years have passed and that inner child in me has been neglected, I don’t think about the absolute awe and wonder of the God I serve as often.

I visited Grainger Community Church in Indiana a two weeks ago and they sang this song. I had never heard it before, but it brought back my “childlike” faith and I was swept back into the wonder of God. It was one of those moments that took my breath away. I wanted to scream out that I believe that Jesus is King and What a King He is. He is Glorious, Unconditionally Loving, and the only reward worth living for.

And Yet…I too often put God in a box which is absolutely outrageous. Is there such a box that could contain our God? I think not. I limit what He is absolutely capable of doing because there’s a part of me that sometimes still wonders if putting complete trust in Him may backfire. I have been deeply wounded by people I have put my full trust in and while I KNOW God is unlike any human, it has always been hard for me to say, “Here I am, God. All of me. 100%. I trust you with all I have and with all that I am.” It seems ridiculous to even think that, but it has been one of my constant struggles.
I realize now that I am ready to break free from that pattern and let go of the reigns, but I am quite sure what the first step is. I don’t want to just say the words. I want to follow through and absolutely mean it. So that is where I am. I am completely in awe of my God and putting my foot forward…ready for this Great Adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment