Saturday, February 12, 2011

Indulgence

Friday, February 11, 2011:

Exercise: Didn't get to the gym due to back issues, but went up and down my stairs a good amount of times. That should count for something!!

Pump Me Up Song:
Forget You/F*** You
Cee Lo Green

Gotta love it!

Motivational Quote of the Day:
Instead of giving myself reasons why I can't, I give myself reasons why I can.
Anonymous

My words of the day:
Friday wasn't my best day as far as eating goes, but I figured what the hell. Everyone deserves a day of indulgence every now and then. I may have overdid it a bit, BUT I'm not gonna beat myself up over it. That doesn't help anything.

One of the main things I have learned on my getting healthy journey is that I need to take pride in the small accomplishments (for example I have chosen NOT to get Starbucks for the last 2 weeks despite REALLY wanting it) and not beating myself up over the inevitable mistakes I make. Mistakes are a part of the growth process and I have learned so much from the ones I have made! So for those who are maybe starting a journey of your own one tip I would give is to grab a notepad at the end of the day and write down several things that you did well that day!! It really can make a difference!

No comments:

Post a Comment